Monday, December 2, 2013

Snowflake Nails

Hey everyone! 

Sorry that I didn't post much last week. I was busy with trying to figure out what I was going to for Thanksgiving. I ended up hanging at my grandma's and then with my girlfriend. It was stressful, but good at the same time. How was everyone's Thanksgiving?

I usually don't do holiday nails, but I really wanted to try doing snowflake nails. I guess I'm in the holiday spirit after all lol.

I tried out a bunch of different snowflake designs, but they didn't really turn out well. I made some simple snowflakes and I think that this design turned out pretty good.

snowflake-nails

For this design, I painted two coats of Wet n Wild's I Red a Good Book. With a detail brush, I made three lines for the snowflake using white acrylic paint . You can create as many lines as you'd like for the snowflakes. 

Next, I made dots at the point of the lines with a small dotting tool. I also made white dots to fill in the empty space on the nail. For some sparkle, I used one coat of China Glaze's Fairy Dust.

snowflake-nails

This is a very simple and cute holiday design. I actually tried this design with white polish and I didn't really like it. I think I'll be working with acrylic paint more in my designs. 

What do you think of this design? Have you done any Christmas inspired nails yet?

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...