Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sinful Colors-Dream On

Hey everyone! 

I have a swatch of Sinful Colors Dream On for you today. I don't know why, but I've always avoided this color whenever I'm looking for Sinful Color polishes. It's probably one of the main colors that I don't have in my collection. My parents bought it for me as a Christmas present, so I was excited to finally try it out. 

I might have figured out why I've been avoiding it...it's a possible dupe for Sally Hansen's Cherry Cherry Bang Bang. I don't think the polishes are exact, but they're pretty close. I think Cherry Cherry Bang Bang is a bit brighter though. Either way, I like both polishes.


Dream On is a neon purple with some pink undertones. This is three coats with a top coat.


This is honestly a weird polish. It looks magenta to me, but I can't call it magenta. It's really weird, but I can't exactly describe it into words. My camera FLIPPED out when I was taking photos. I know when my camera flips out, it's going to possibly be a weird color lol. 

This polish also dries matte, but I didn't really notice it until I looked at the bottle. The polish doesn't dry as matte as I thought in my opinion since I would have noticed it right off the bat. I think it looks better with top coat.


 As far as application and formula, the application was a little bit streaky. Once you start building up the color, this problem goes away. For the formula, I think this polish is a crelly, but I could be wrong. If anyone can give me some insight on that, that would be great.


Overall, I like this polish, but I'm not in love with it. It's an interesting color though, so I would recommend picking it up.

What do you think of this polish? Do you have any "weird" polishes in your collection?

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Yes I agree, I love the pink undertone of this polish but I can't describe the color exacly!
    But this polish looks really pretty on your nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's such a weird color. It's a really unique polish though. ^^

      Delete
  2. I like the kinda odd fuchsia color! Maybe not by itself, but as an accent nail or in nail art it could definitely be useful :) It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it as well. Fuchsia is a good way to describe it, I forgot all about fuchsia lol. And yeah, I think I would use this more for nail art if anything.

      Delete
  3. hmmm glad i saw your pics. i loooove bright pink/purple colors like this; i'm a huge fan of fuchsia!! i own American Apparel neon violet, and am considering getting Zoya Charisma (even though they're pretty much dupes) for the awesome sale they have going on currently, then i remembered SC has a possible dupe, Dream On. your pics are the first i've seen where the polish looks like a creme/jelly. I now know it's not enough of a dupe. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...