Monday, September 9, 2013

31DC2013 Day 9: Rainbow Nails

Hi everyone!

Today is rainbow nails! Each day is getting harder and harder as it goes by. I tried out so many rainbow designs and none of them really came out good except for this one.

Originally when I was practicing on my nail wheel, I used the darker rainbow colors. It looked good, but I wanted to do something a little different. I changed the colors to be a pastel rainbow instead of a regular rainbow. They look really cool. These took forever (and just for one hand!), but I think they came out great! Most of my designs are freehand, and I love that I can see the improvement from before when I tried these designs!

For today's design, I did freehand chevrons with pastel rainbow colors.

Colors Used:
Wet n Wild's French White Creme (base color)
Wet n Wild's Tickled Pink (rainbow)
Sinful Colors Orange Cream (rainbow)
Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow (rainbow)
Sinful Colors Pistache (rainbow)
Color Club's Take Me to Your Chateau (rainbow)
Sinful Colors Candy Coated (rainbow)


31DC2013 Day 9: Rainbow Nails

For this design, I first painted my nails with Wet n Wild's French White Creme. This will bring the colors out more, especially if it's a polish that isn't that opaque. 

Once the white polish is dry, using a detail brush, I made a thin triangle shape for the chevrons. Then, I filled in the space with the polish. If you need to, you can go over with the polish to even out your chevron shape. Next, I repeated with all the other colors. Finally, I finished off with a top coat. If you want some extra sparkle, you can use a glitter top coat.


31DC2013 Day 9: Rainbow Nails

31DC2013 Day 9: Rainbow Nails

I love this design! It reminds me of Carebears for some reason. You can also try this design with different colors as well.

What do you think of this design? Tomorrow is gradient nails!

Until next time!

2 comments:

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...