Friday, September 6, 2013

31DC2013 Day 6: Purple Nails

Happy Friday everyone!

I can't believe it's only day 6 of the nail challenge. It seems like it's been going on forever. I hope I can make it to the end because I might be running out of ideas. I need some inspiration!

I also whitened my nails a bit today. I used peroxide and baking soda to whiten them. The yellow stains didn't come off completely, but my nails did look a bit better after cleaning them. They were pretty bad. I should probably let them breathe, but I doubt that will happen haha.

For purple, I have a tape manicure for you! I haven't done a tape manicure in a while, but I forgot how cool they can look (and time consuming!) Once I got the hang of it, it was really simple to do.

Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Candy Coated
Color Club's Eternal Beauty


31DC2013 Day 6: Purple Nails

For this manicure, I painted two coats of Color Club's Eternal Beauty as the base. Once that dried completely, I laid three pieces of striping tape horizontally on the nail. Then, I painted one coat of Sinful Colors Candy Coated over the tape. You want to get enough that it covers the nail. Next, I slowly peeled the tape off. Once it's dry, I finished the design off with a top coat!


31DC2013 Day 6: Purple Nails
With flash

The flash makes Candy Coated look lighter than it is, but you can get a better look at how Eternal Beauty looks underneath!

31DC2013 Day 6: Purple Nails

I wish I could have captured the Eternal Beauty better with my camera. It's such a beautiful color and one of my favorite purple polishes.

What do you think of this design? Tomorrow is black and white nails!

Until next time!



2 comments:

  1. Very cute :) Those two purples look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, these purples look awesome together. Both are some of my favorite purples too. ^^

      Delete

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...