Monday, September 23, 2013

31DC2013 Day 23: Inspired by a Movie

Hey everyone!

I'm really excited for these nails because it's inspired by one of my favorite movies: Kill Bill. I think I've seen the movie like 100 times already. In my sophomore year of college, I even did a monologue of Elle Driver's speech when she was killing Bud in the second movie. Needless to say, this is one of my favorite movies of all time. I based my nails on one of the movie posters for the first movie. I've actually never seen this one before, but this is an official movie poster for the film. It's pretty cool and basically sums up the movie, so I thought it would be perfect to do a design around it. Now onto the design!


Colors Used:

Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow
O.P.I's A-Piers to be Tan
Sinful Colors Energetic Red
Sinful Colors Black on Black
Sinful Colors Slate
Wet n Wild's French White Creme
China Glaze Fairy Dust

31dc2013-day-23-inspired-by-movie

For the pinky, I based it on The Bride's signature yellow tracksuit. I used one coat of Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow as the base color. With a detail brush, I used Sinful Colors Black on Black to make a thick black line near the end of the nail.

The ring finger is based on the background of the poster. I used one coat of Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow and then with a piece of a makeup sponge, I sponged on Sinful Colors Energetic Red on half of the nail. With my detail brush, I wrote "Kill Bill" on the nail.

The middle finger is the Hanzo sword (or my attempt at the Hanzo sword haha). I used one coat of Mellow Yellow. With my detail brush, I made the sword's base using Sinful Colors Black on Black. The golden part of the sword I made a small square using O.P.I's A-Piers to be Tan. Finally, I made the sword blade with Sinful Colors Slate and made a thin white line as a highlight with Wet n Wild's French White Creme.

The pointer represents blood splatter. I used a coat of Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow. For the splatter, I used a cut up straw. I dipped one of the ends with Sinful Colors Energetic Red. Next, I blew into the straw to create the blood splatter.

The thumb represents The Bride's sleeve from her dress. With a very thin striper brush, I made a criss-cross pattern to resemble lace. Finally, I topped it off with China Glaze's Fairy Dust. 

31dc2013-day-23-inspired-by-movie

I'm really proud of these nails and love how they came out! I'm still getting used to doing letters with my brush, but I think I'm getting better at it.

What do you think of this design? What's your favorite movie? Tomorrow is inspired by a book!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...