Sunday, September 22, 2013

31DC2013 Day 22: Inspired by a Song

Hey everyone!

Today's prompt is inspired by a song! I love K-pop, so I decided to do a K-pop song. It was really hard to choose one for today.

I was inspired by Akdong Musician's MV for their song "I Love You". It's a really cute song and I actually already planned to do this design a few months back, so today was perfect to try it out.

Colors Used:
Wet n Wild's French White Creme
Sinful Colors Rainstorm
Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow
Sinful Colors Lavender
Wet n Wild's I Need a Refresh-mint
Sinful Colors Pink Forever
Sinful Colors Starfish
NYC's Big Apple Red Creme
Sinful Colors Nude


31DC2013 Day 22: Inspired by a Song

Each nail represents something in the MV.

The pinky represents the hearts floating in the air. I did a freehand heart with Sinful Colors Starfish. Then, I made smaller hearts with a dotting tool with Sinful Colors Lavender, Starfish, and Wet n Wild's I Need a Refresh-mint.

The ring finger represents the red dress that Soo-hyun wears. I painted two coats of NYC's Big Apple Red Creme. With my detail brush, I painted the word "I Love You". 

The middle finger represents Chan-hyuk's bowtie. I painted one coat of Sinful Colors Rainstorm. With a dotting tool, I made polka dots on the nail with Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow. With my detail brush, I made the petals to the flowers with Wet n Wild's French White Creme.

The pointer represents Soo-hyun's collar on her shirt. I painted two coats of Mellow Yellow on my nail. With a dotting tool, I created dots with Sinful Colors Lavender. 

The thumb represents one of the cookies that they eat. I painted one thick coat of French White Creme onto my nail. Then, I free-handed a heart with Sinful Colors Nude. With a dotting tool, I made smaller hearts as the sprinkles of the cookies with Sinful Colors Pink Forever and Big Apple Red Creme.


31DC2013 Day 22: Inspired by a Song
Closeup of the thumb


31DC2013 Day 22: Inspired by a Song

I really like how these came out. I need to work on my freehand hearts though haha. A link to the video will be on the bottom if anyone wants to hear the song!

What do you think of this design?  Tomorrow is inspired by a movie!

Until next time!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...