Tuesday, September 10, 2013

31DC2013 Day 10: Gradient Nails

Hey everyone!

Today is going to be a short post. I'm not really feeling my nails at the moment and out of all the photos that I took I only got one good one since it started to get dark out. I think I might take these off right after I post the photo to Instagram and Tumblr.

Plus, tomorrow is my birthday and I really don't want to keep these for my birthday nails. I'd rather have polka dots, which is tomorrow's prompt lol.

Colors Used:
Wet n Wild's French White Creme
Wet n Wild's Tickled Pink
Sinful Colors Pink Forever
Sinful Colors Cream Pink


31DC2013 Day 10: Gradient Nails

I did a simple gradient using different pink polishes. I first painted one coat of Wet n Wild's French White Creme. Then, with a makeup sponge, I put the colors onto the sponge and dabbed and rolled the polish onto my nails. Next, repeat until the colors become opaque. Finally, finish off with a top coat to blend the colors together. You can also put on a glitter top coat as well for some extra sparkle.

In the photo, they look alright. I look at them in front of me and I don't really like them. Maybe it's because they're pink. I'm not really a pink person, so maybe that's turning me off from them. Oh well then.

What do you think of this design? Tomorrow is polka dots (my favorite design!) and my birthday!

Until next time!



4 comments:

  1. Heh I think it's cute. Although pink is not my favorite color either.

    One thing I do instead of white as a base coat is use the lightest color of the gradient for my base color. It helps with my sloppy inability to get the gradient to sponge all the way to my nail's edges look better. White peeking through the edges a pink and blue (the colors I used) gradient would annoy me to death. xD

    Also happy early birthday!

    Also Also polka dots are my least favorite >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do that if I'm using only two colors. I should try it for three or more colors and see how it goes.

      And thank you!

      I love polka dots, they're so easy to do and you can do so much with them ^^.

      Delete
  2. incredibly cute! it has inspired me to do a gradient next :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Let me know how it turns out for you. ^^

      Delete

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...