Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Wet n Wild's Lemon Drop Swatch+Review

I have a swatch and review of Wet n Wild's Lemon Drop, and holy Batman it is bright! I usually don't go for bright colors like this, but it's actually not that bad. It's a perfect neon polish for the summer. 

I bought this polish at Dollar General for $2 and it's also a part of the Megalast collection, which I found out while looking at some nail blogs that this is a Dollar General exclusive along with the 40+ shades that Wet n Wild added to the Megalast collection.


Lemon Drop is a sheer neon yellow. It literally reminds me of a yellow highlighter. The application was pretty good. As I mentioned before, the Megalast brushes are wide and flat, making it very easy to get the polish on.


Lemon Drop is a bit streaky when you first start putting the first couple coats on, but it starts to get a little better with the third coat. I didn't go past three coats, but I'm guessing if I added a fourth or fifth coat it would become less streaky. 


I did two things with this polish. First, I did a swatch without a white base.



Wet n Wild's Lemon Drop Swatch+Review

It looks less vibrant and streaky without the white base, but it still comes out a bright yellow. You can also see how sheer Lemon Drop really is. This is three coats and you can still see the nail underneath. If you're going to wear this sheer, it's going to take a lot of coats to get the opacity that you want.


Wet n Wild's Lemon Drop Swatch+Review

Then, I put a white base (Wet n Wild's French White Creme) before putting on Lemon Drop.



Wet n Wild's Lemon Drop Swatch+Review

 With the white base, it was still streaky with three coats. You can kind of see it with the pointer finger where the streaks are. However, with the white base you can get the color more vibrant and opaque than if you were going to wear it by itself.


Wet n Wild's Lemon Drop Swatch+Review

Overall, Lemon Drop is a pretty good neon yellow. I'm not sure if I'll be wearing this by itself anytime soon, but it's definitely a color that I would bust out if I'm feeling a little adventurous over the summer. If you're going to wear it, I would suggest starting with the white base first and then the color. Otherwise, you're going to be putting coat after coat after coat getting to its true color.

So what did you think of Lemon Drop? Do you think it's the perfect summer color?


Until next time!


This review was solely based on my honest opinion. I was not paid or asked to do this review for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...